RED IRON SLING
Effective Pressure Pipe Restraint Systems with Red Iron Slings
Red Iron Slings are designed to enhance safety when working with high pressure pipes and eliminating injuries related to pipe failure accidents. The slings use a temporary pipe restraint mechanism to limit the movement and possible lashing in high pressure piping systems in an event of pipe pressure failure. These are intended to use for well heads, pipelines, flow lines and other high pressure well control equipment.
Pressure Pipe Restraint Systems, premium quality safety restraint systems. Provides restraint for joints, transitions, couplings, mechanical joints, and other temporary flow lines. Reliable solutions for maximum workplace safety. Prevents personnel injury and machine damage. Intelligently designed to perform dynamically in case of pressure changes in the pipes. Available in a variety of sizes and pressure ratings to fit all the pressurize system applications.
To prevent failure related incidents in high pressure pipe systems with operating pressure at over 15 PSI, Red Iron Sling provides a reliable solution. It effectively restrains the movement during failure of the pipes caused by rupture force. These precautions are especially important in offshore pipe systems as well as other oil and gas transport piping networks. Moreover, used when handling chemical pipes, hydraulic hose restraints, wastewater systems, steam pipes, and other similar industrial uses.
Here are the main applications of our Oilfield Hose Pipe Restraints, used in the industrial oil and gas systems.
- Well heads
- Flow lines including gathering systems, crude oil pipelines, and refined products
- Well control systems for acid injection
- Saltwater removal pipe systems, etc
An Introduction to Red Iron Sling
Any small rapture, damage and breakage in the high-pressure pipe system can bring devastating results to a workstation. Apart from causing the project to come to a halt, a high-pressure explosion can cause destruction of tools and equipment, and injuries. Such disturbances are often accompanied by expensive repercussions and even irreversible outcomes such as fatalities. According to the safety standards in all hazardous locations, precaution is essential to prevent unwanted circumstances.
Pipe restrain slings are designed with an extremely simple yet efficient mechanism to minimize the risks in high pressure pipe systems. The Red Iron Slings are manufactured according to global safety standards such as Shell’s safety policies to guarantee fail proof operation.
The red iron slings are made to last and in compliance with global standards for internally approved safety performance. Here are the general specifications of our Red Iron Chokers.
Similar to other safety equipment, the slings must be inspected for function and existing defects before each use. This review should ensure the absence of tears and breakages in the webbing material and internal yard, any harmful internal knots or damages, any deformity in the overall structure, functionality of the shackles and seals.
Furthermore, the hose restraint’s tag information on the pipe size and pressure rating must match the piping system.
Among the convenient features of the slings, they can be thoroughly examined before use only by visual inspections. While the design features an extremely robust nylon restraints, it comes with an outer cover, which is notably less resistant than the interior part. If there are any possible tears, it is likely to be detected on the outer layer than the interior.
Points to Keep in Mind When Using a Red Iron Sling
- Always keep within the utility ratings, mentioned on the tag for the pipe size and pressure threshold. Exceeding this limit can cause breakages, and application failure.
- Inspection of all the parts from the main body of the sling to shackle and seals is crucial
- In case of detecting any damages, replace the parts or use a new sling all together. Damaged pipe restraint systems can cause unfortunate outcomes.
- All the components must comply with the pipe’s pressure and size rating; mixing parts with different ratings can create weak points in the restraint system and lead to failure.
- Avoid lifting and handling the pipes with the iron sling; pressure pipes are often heavy and cause damage to your restraint system.
- All the pipe restart systems must be installed by trained professionals to avoid mid-operation complications because of incorrect attachments, size and pressures incompatibility and inappropriate handling.
You may also check: Hose and Piping Chokers, WhipStops, Huwe Hammer Union Wrench
Contact our oil field expert at RAAH Safety to get a consultation for calculating pressure rating and other details of the Pipe Safety Restraints Slings &Clamps. Place an order and enjoy the discounted prices on bulk purchases today.